This is my adaptation of the Angele Hair Pasta with Lemon and Garlic from “IN THE KITCHEN WITH ROSIE” by Rosie Daley cookbook. It is a perfect fresh and easy Spring dinner!
Servings 4 or 2 with leftovers
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3-4 T pesto sauce
1/2 lime juice
2 c dry penne pasta
Black pepper; to taste
A couple handfuls of arugula
1 med. to large lemon juiced
2 c Fresh Tomatoes; 3-4 medium, chopped
1/4 c. Freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 T olive oil
1/4 c Fresh basil; chopped
2 cloves Garlic; peel and mince
1/2 c Dry white wine
- Marinade boneless skinless chicken breast in pesto sauce for a couple of hours. I usually do it in the morning and let it sit all day in the pesto.
- Add pesto used to marinade to small stick proof skillet pan; no need to add any oil if using a stick proof skillet pesto already has enough; sauté stovetop.
- After the chicken is lightly browned on both sides cut into bit sized chunks and return to skillet to finish. Stirring to coat all sides of chicken in pesto sauce, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and maintain at a boil.
- Put the olive oil and garlic in a sauté pan and cook over medium heat just until the garlic begins to brown.
- Remove the sauté pan from the heat and pour in the wine. Return it to the heat. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until the wine has been reduced by half.
- Stir in the lemon juice and tomato.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place the pasta in the boiling water and cook to desired doneness, with a bite, al dente.
- Add the basil, a couple of handfuls of arugula, cooked chicken, black pepper, and parmesan cheese, along with the tomato mixture. Toss and serve immediately.