Welcome to "A Mad Designer's Journey"

The comic, inspiring and always fashionable adventures of this "mad designer" as she navigates the reality of pursuing her dream...living the artisan lifestyle of a jewelry designer.

Phoenix Design, Artisan Jewelry is a one woman shop powered by zany energy, midnight inspirations and the support of my friends.

Stay tuned this is going to be interesting....

Click on Phoenix Design Button for...

Click on Phoenix Design Button for...
Immediate Satisfaction for your fashion craving!

Etsy Shop Preview

Monday, December 13, 2010

Sneak Peep at my Spring 2011 Jewelry Designs

The "fall/winter" weather I am accustomed to has finally reached Hanoi, Vietnam so of course I am thinking of spring. This fall I introduced my "Body Armor" line for Phoenix Design Artisan Jewelry while I was still back in the states. While I have been acclimating to life in Hanoi I have been teaching myself new chain mail weaves and contemplating the direction I want my jewelry designs to go in moving forward into the New Year. Below is an excerpt from one of the blogs that I follow forecasting trends for Spring 2011.
Though 2011 will see us move still further from the economic woes of recent history, don't expect a massive change in the tangent of fashion: the major excesses of the last decade are gone, and 2011 will see us, rightfully, continue on with a drive of subtle consumption mixed with obvious quality. 2011 fashion trends will accomodate the fact that we'll be buying less but spending more. That means less bland, and more quality. Fewer indulgences, but better statement pieces. - Rebloged from Fashionising.com






I just finished these three new statement pieces and I am really pleased with the result. The designs below feature a mixture of various types of chain and chainmaille with natural semi-precious gemstones like the hand cut faceted moonstone and free form amethyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROCK ON! by Phoenix Design Jewelry