Welcome to "A Mad Designer's Journey"

The comic, inspiring and always fashionable adventures of this "mad designer" as she navigates the reality of pursuing her dream...living the artisan lifestyle of a jewelry designer.

Phoenix Design, Artisan Jewelry is a one woman shop powered by zany energy, midnight inspirations and the support of my friends.

Stay tuned this is going to be interesting....

Click on Phoenix Design Button for...

Click on Phoenix Design Button for...
Immediate Satisfaction for your fashion craving!

Etsy Shop Preview

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Stainless Steel Cuff...

...that begs to be worn...


 I became interested in chain mail while doing a necklace restoration project for a friend of mine. In trying to find a replacement for the chain that over time had become damaged on the necklace, I realized that I would have to make the chain myself. The project it self is a permanent page on this blog.

Since then I have been weaving chain mail working with different size, shape and gauge metal rings. I love how the same pattern can look and feel so different depending on the type of ring that is used.


This is a cuff I just finished using the Euro 4 in 1 weave using 16g, stainless steel, square wire. I finished the bracelet with a sliding clasp so that it fits like a cuff. 


This bracelet will be listed soon in my Body Armor line as a custom order so that it can be sized to fit the wearer's wrist perfectly.  Follow the link below to see my other Body Armor designs for the neck, ankle, hand and shoulders.

Moon Stone Chainmaille Asymmetrical Body Armor Necklace


No comments:

Post a Comment

ROCK ON! by Phoenix Design Jewelry